As the ski season ramps up, so too does the need for seasonal resort nurses. Many of the big ski resort towns grow into a blossoming resort in the wintertime. As the slopes become packed with skiers and snowboarders, the hospitals near resorts see an overflow of emergencies, broken bones and head injuries. With so many seasonal patients, these resort-area hospitals need to hire additional resort nurses to ensure they have full staffing during the winter months.
Traveling nurses especially make the most of the ski season. Here is a list of the top five nursing ski destinations:
- Vail, Colorado
- Park City, Utah
- Killington, Vermont
- Aspen, Colorado
- Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada
Ninja Gig offers customizable online job applications, which means that you can ask the tough questions up front before committing to a lengthy interview process. Here are some excellent employment application questions to ask seasonal nurses on an online job application:
- Why did you decide to become a nurse?
- Write about a situation where you had to deal with a demanding, difficult patient and what you did.
- Why are you applying for this job and why do you want to work at our hospital?
- What made you choose your particular field of nursing?
- What kinds of personality traits do you feel are necessary for nurses to have?
- In your opinion, what are some of the most significant issues and challenges that nurses currently face? Why do you think you are qualified for the job?
Essay questions can be an insightful part of the initial interview process. When advertising for seasonal nurse positions, make sure to list out detailed requirements and education to help avoid unqualified nurses from applying. Additionally, since ski resorts are incredibly busy in the winter, it’s best to make sure applicants can work in a fast-paced hospital environment.
Sign up today for a free trial of our completely customizable applicant tracking system and see how quickly and efficiently you can take care of your hiring needs this season!