F/T Shipping Manager with Experience
We are a new factory moving from NY to Allentown looking for an F/T Shipping Manager
As a Shipping Manager, you will be responsible for daily tasks, such as
• Packing boxes
• Processing UPS, Fedex, postal and other shipments and knowledge of these software’s
• The ability to learn our erp system and insure proper daily maintenance.
• Filing shipping documents – i.e. Commercial invoices, Nafta forms, BOL’s, Packing Slips, etc.
• Calling / scheduling for truck pick up
• Troubleshoot – i.e. -calling customers when we have shipping discrepancies, shipping errors, etc and noting in our erp system
• Coordinating the receiving of material.
• Loading and unloading trucking and processing items received or shipped.
• Dealing with all aspects of the shipping Dept.
• Overseeing the dept and help in the hiring / training of the team (which right now is small but will grow as we grow).
• Moderate computer knowledge as well as working knowledge of basic excel and google smart tools).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have strong computer, communication and organization skills. (Experience with FedEx, UPS and other shipping software a plus.)
- Attention to detail, focus on customer service and the ability to work effectively under pressure are essential.
- Reliability, good attendance and a strong aptitude for calculation.
- Must be willing to submit to company background check, drug screen and physical.
Hours are 8AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
Thank you for your interest in our positions. This is a blind website for job applications to our manufacturing company which has over 150 employees (40 of which are office related).
All of the positions on this portal are for office positions and not in our manufacturing plant (positions for the manufacturing plant can be found at the proper link provided to you).
Due to the nature of the office positions and our desire for making changes we are keeping our company name hidden until such time as we are ready to have you come in for a personal interview or once we schedule a phone conversation.
Thank you for your understanding and good luck.