Date: 5/2015 DEPARTMENT: Production – City of Industry
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisors
Operator I (General Clean Up, Packers, Loaders and Machine Operators) are responsible for running and maintaining production equipment which includes labelers, scales, conveyors, casers, fillers, stackers, coders and any other related production equipment in a safely and efficient manner as it relates to production SOPs.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. • Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes. • Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc. • Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. • Complete assigned work within scheduled time • Load required material as needed for production • Clean machines and work area at the end of shift as applicable • Ensure that machines are working properly and safely • Notify Supervisor about equipment and production problems • Follow all GMPs and safety company policies and procedures • Attend all required training programs sponsored by the company such monthly safety meeting, GMP , Chemical handling, etc. • Excellent attendance required, dependable, trustworthy, strong work ethic, respect for others. • Ability to demonstrate the willingness and ability to learn new task quickly • Assist team members in their job duties when needed
• High School diploma or GED Equivalency
• 1 year experience in Manufacturing, Food Processing, Food service, Assembly Line, or Sanitation
• Willing and able to work flexible shifts and hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays • Ability to demonstrate and practice safety work habits • Ability to effectively work in a team environment
• Physical, able to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 50 pounds if necessary. • Ability to stand on production line for extended periods of time. • Ability to work in wet and loud environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills • Ability to write and read English • Ability to demonstrate alpha and numeric matching skills • Ability add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurements
“Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.”
We are a Staffing Service in California committed to our employees and making sure employees are treated as people, not a number! At Sync Staffing, you are not just a temp- you are an employee!