Looking for a strong Engineering mind to join our Estimating team to assist in review/evaluation of manufacturability for RFQ's for all divisions of the company: Tool & Die, Stamping, Fabrication, CNC, Wire EDM.
This is a great opportunity for either an experience estimator or a new graduated engineering student to learn our company, our manufacturing at a higher level and be involved in the upfront success of the whole team.
Position will mainly be comprised of:
• Researching material, subcontracting, & manufacturing processes info for prospective work to evaluate/quantify the manufacturing & financial goals for our company
•Critical review of other estimators quotes for accuracy before submission
• Review materials costing on reorders in ERP
•Relationship development with team, customers, & vendors
• Check/analyze profitability on completed work to identify any discrepancies, opportunities for process (manufacturing or estimating) improvement, overall fit, & future similar work
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferable Bachelors in Engineering (ME, IE, ITM, MTM, or others)
• Willing to train individuals with estimating or engineering work experience from other industries.
• Previous experience estimating or working hands on in a metals manufacturing/job shop environment preferred
• Able to read/interpret machining/fabrication blueprints
WISCONSIN METAL PARTS, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Wisconsin Metal Parts, Inc. that all personnel actions are conducted in a manner that provides equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees. Every effort is taken to ensure that employees and prospective employees are treated fairly and their civil rights protected.
Wisconsin Metal Parts, Inc. is an industry leader in manufacturing solutions. We offer Prototype and Production services of producing metal stampings and machined components. We design and build metal stamping dies and inspection gages and fixtures. We provide metal stampings and machined components in quantities from 1 piece to millions of pieces.
WMPI is an honest, trustworthy and ethical company. We keep business simple and just honor the "Golden Rule". We realize our people are what make us successful and we appreciate them, treat them with respect, make their job fun and reward them for their performance.
Incomplete or partially completed applications will not be considered.