We are looking to expand our quoting/estimating team!
If you have previous experience in estimating/quoting sheet metal fabrication work in a job shop, precision manufacturing environment this is a great opportunity to make an impact on the company and even learn estimating in multiple manufacturing disciplines.
• Daily communication with potential/current clients, vendors, sales department, design, and department managers
• Review customer RFQ's for laser, brake & punch press, welding, & assembly projects
• Assist in developing quotes for other manufacturing departments (CNC, Stamping, WIRE) as needed
• Review RFQ for requirements, lead time, & associated blueprints/solid models for manufacturability & evaluate customer requirements
• Assist customer in determining potential modifications to part configurations for manufacturability, & part value
• Send out quotes for subcontracting processes, prepare all time, cost, material, and labor estimates to develop/deliver accurate quote packages
• Develop accurate routings & work orders specific to the required manufacturing processes for production employees
• Proactive customer communication for design/revision changes and solution focused discussions
• Review/compare purchase orders to quote packages for accuracy/completeness
• Review historical quotes, profitability, & department feedback on previously completed work to develop quoting processes
• Track & maintain updated references for vendor costs including materials and subcontracting processes
• Daily tracking, reporting, & follow up on quote submissions with management and customers
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience quoting/estimating preferred (job shop environment for one or more of the following areas: CNC, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Stamping, Tool & Die)
• Engineering coursework/degree or hands on fabrication experience will be considered! Willing to train those without estimating experience
• Individuals with experience working on floor in metals manufacturing combined with estimating experience is a plus
• Able to read/interpret machining/fabrication blueprints including, tolerances, & exposure to GD&T
Wisconsin Metal Parts, Inc. is an industry leader in manufacturing solutions. We offer Prototype and Production services of producing metal stampings and machined components. We design and build metal stamping dies and inspection gages and fixtures. We provide metal stampings and machined components in quantities from 1 piece to millions of pieces.
WMPI is an honest, trustworthy and ethical company. We keep business simple and just honor the "Golden Rule". We realize our people are what make us successful and we appreciate them, treat them with respect, make their job fun and reward them for their performance.
Incomplete or partially completed applications will not be considered.