ARCO, A COMMUNITY RESOURCE is a nonprofit United Way Agency that provides services for babies and adults with developmental disabilities and their families throughout northeast Louisiana since 1954.
Providing families with information, skills, and support related to enhancing the skills development of the child and working with the child and family to enhance the child’s development. The design of learning environments and activities that promote the child’s acquisition of skills in a variety of developmental areas, including cognitive processes and social interaction; curriculum planning, including the planned interaction of personnel, materials and time and space that leads to achieving the outcomes in the child’s individualized family service plan.
• Bachelor degree from an accredited program and either certification in Noncategorical Preschool or Early Intervention, or on an approved plan of study with the Department of Education
• One year of experience teaching and/or working with persons with developmental disabilities, preferably infants and toddlers
• Excellent use of writing and verbal communication skills
• Valid Driver’s License (Class E)
• Dependable transportation available on the job
*NOTE: As you begin this process please know that only applications which are filled out completely and accurately will be considered.
You MUST provide a minimum of 6 business references and 3 personal references. In the event you do not have 6 business references, you must substitute additional personal references as you are completing the online application.
(A full Job Description and list of Essential Functions are available at ARCO's Human Resource Department, 900 N. 3rd St., Monroe, LA. ARCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.)
ARCO is a nonprofit United Way Agency that provides services for babies and adults with developmental disabilities throughout Northeast Louisiana since 1954. ARCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.