Bay Transit is seeking a qualified Mechanic Assistant for our facility in Warsaw, VA. This is a hands on position that will perform general maintenance and ensure cleanliness of a variety of fleet vehicles under the direction of the Fleet Manager. Essential functions include:
• Wash vehicles and clean maintenance area as directed by supervisor or designee.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on cars, trucks and buses including: tire mounting and balancing and other basic mechanical maintenance tasks as assigned.
• Follow written and verbal instructions, and report all unsafe or improper conditions to supervisor.
• Follow all posted and written directions regarding safe practices, including the dispensing and handling of waste oil and other automotive by products.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires: Ability to multi-task and prioritize needs; Strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work independently. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must be able to bend, stoop, stand for extended periods of time and lift 100 pounds. Work load will be approximately 25+ hours per week. Schedule fluctuates
and will include some Saturdays.
Bay Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bay Aging is the premier provider of programs and services allowing people of all ages to live independently in their communities for as long as possible. Formed in 1978, Bay Aging serves a predominately rural 2,600 square mile region that encompasses ten counties and two planning districts. As you will see, Bay Aging is extremely diverse in the programs it offers through three major divisions-Health/Community Living, Bay Transit, and Bay Family Housing.