GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• To support the accounting staff in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process purchase orders, as needed, and match orders with subsequent vendor invoices upon receipt.
• Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions. Investigate vendor statements as needed.
• Assist with the application of payments to accounts receivable, process/send invoices and statements to customers, and prepare accounts receivable aging reports on a periodic basis.
• Perform general account analysis and reconciliations when needed.
• Assist with the periodic physical inventory counts and compilation of the results.
• Maintain and scan files as needed within the department.
• Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
• Perform other accounting or purchasing tasks or projects as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – for the department.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Associates degree in accounting or degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is preferred.
• At least 2 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently
• Team player that can collaborate with other departments within the company.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience with general ledger accounting systems.
• Advanced communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management.
• Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially during the retail holiday season, month-end and year-end closing periods.
Hourly rate is commensurate with background and experience. Benefits include dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, employee discount, vacation/PTO, and paid holidays.
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Noted as one of Indiana’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by the Indianapolis Business Journal, Brybelly Holdings, Inc. (Brybelly) has achieved double digit growth in 10 of its first 11 years. Brybelly specializes in product development and has pioneered the practice of Microbranding: creating narrowly-defined brands to more deeply penetrate market niches. Leveraging a global network of suppliers and an expanding team of designers, Brybelly sources quality materials, creates exciting new products across over seven different industries, and microbrands them under one brand on an ever-expanding list. Brybelly currently manages over 3,000 SKUs and its products are sold internationally, supplied to internet retailers across the world, and distributed to brick and mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.
The Company currently operates out of its brand new 200,000 square foot facility in Hancock County, east of Indianapolis. Brybelly is always looking for qualified candidates as the company continues to grow.