GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• To support management in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the processing of purchase orders as needed, track open orders and match orders with subsequent vendor invoices upon receipt.
• Assist with the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions to ensure proper coding and payments are made timely according to terms and company policy.
• Assist with the processing of cash receipts, applying payments to accounts receivable, and monitoring the open invoices in the multiple sales channels. Prepare accounts receivable aging reports on a periodic basis.
• Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals and prepaid expenses.
• Assist with the administration of the periodic physical inventory counts, compilation and review of the results, and testing of product costs in the inventory system.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly accruals, expense allocations, amortization and depreciation, and other journal entries as needed.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statement reporting.
• Maintain files as needed within the department.
• Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
• Perform other accounting or financial tasks or projects as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required. CPA is a plus.
• At least 2 years of experience in accounting is required.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently
• Team player that can collaborate with other departments within the company.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management.
• Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially during the retail holiday season, month-end and year-end closing periods.
Noted as one of Indiana’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by the Indianapolis Business Journal, Brybelly Holdings, Inc. (Brybelly) has achieved double digit growth in 10 of its first 11 years. Brybelly specializes in product development and has pioneered the practice of Microbranding: creating narrowly-defined brands to more deeply penetrate market niches. Leveraging a global network of suppliers and an expanding team of designers, Brybelly sources quality materials, creates exciting new products across over seven different industries, and microbrands them under one brand on an ever-expanding list. Brybelly currently manages over 3,000 SKUs and its products are sold internationally, supplied to internet retailers across the world, and distributed to brick and mortar stores throughout the United States and Canada.
The Company currently operates out of its brand new 200,000 square foot facility in Hancock County, east of Indianapolis. Brybelly is always looking for qualified candidates as the company continues to grow.