Bittersweet Farms, a world-renowned leader in serving adults and adolescents with autism located in Whitehouse, Ohio, is seeking a Day Program Manager to work to foster relationships with participants and staff by upholding dignity, respect and kindness. The Day Program Staffing Manager will work to recognize the unique qualities and needs of each individual with autism and address those needs appropriately.
A successful candidate will work to recognize the unique qualities and needs of each individual with autism and address those needs appropriately. The Day Program Manager is in direct supervision of up to 30 Direct Support Professionals in addition to the general supervision of the Day Program. Some responsibilities include:
• Supervise, teach, and train direct support professionals and other day program support staff
• Ensure team development for the entire Day Program to ensure fulfillment of Bittersweet’s mission
• Ensure that the staff are implementing goals and following both the Individual Support Plans team recommendations
• Creation of staff scheduling and support documentation
• Assist in the interview process for new applicants and day program leadership vacancies
• Follow Individual Support Plans (ISP’s) and any other related individual support/treatment plans as prescribed
• Provide documentation assurance and support
• Lead staff meetings on a weekly and monthly basis
• Report any medical concerns and safety hazards, including any incidents which may constitute a Major Unusual Incident (MUI) immediately
• Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants
• Assist participants in developing the necessary skills for personal success, including but not limited to, self-care, self-management, communication and safety awareness
The right person will need a positive, energetic, “can do” attitude as the Day Program Manager. Must have exceptional oral communication and organizational skills. Have Computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Data Plus, Care Tracker and DODD MSS. Supervisory experience required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Valid Driver’s license and eligibility to be insured.
What We Offer:
• Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
• 18% cell phone carrier employee discount
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.