Help us redefine what is possible and make a positive impact in the lives of individuals with Autism! Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet is seeking employees to work first shift as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through skills development in horticulture, culinary activities, janitorial work, our art department, and much more! Enjoy the outdoors on our working farm, hiking in Oak Openings and participating in community trips. A rewarding career path for those interested in nursing, health care, social work/ social services, education, direct care, home health and those with a desire to help others.
Responsibilities of Direct Support Professionals:
• Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity and commitment
• Work in partnership with participants
• Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants
Skills of Direct Support Professionals:
• Possess and uses empathy in all actions and interactions
• Effectively work in teams with co-workers and participants
• Ability to express patience in difficult situations
• DSP Retention Bonus paid out 3x a year
• Starting wage from $14.00 an hour
• Flexible part time scheduling
• ERN (Employee Resource Network) Member with Success Coach
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.