Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
No experience necessary; paid training provided.
Bittersweet is seeking part-time employees to work as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through skills development in horticulture, culinary activities, janitorial work, our art department, and much more! A wonderful career path for those interested in nursing, health care, social work/ social services, criminal justice, direct care, home health and those with a desire to help others.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity and commitment
• Work in partnership with participants
• Document service delivery accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner
• Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants
Qualifications and Skills
• Possess and uses empathy in all actions and interactions
• Effectively work in teams with co-workers and participants
• Ability to express patience in difficult situations
• Exceptional and adaptable oral communication
• Starting wage from $9.40 - $10.40 per hour based on experience
• Potential to earn an additional $1 per hour within one year
• Earn an additional $0.40 per hour shift for evenings, nights, and weekends
• Flexible part time scheduling
• Benefits package and paid holidays available based on job status.
Job Type: Part-time
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.