Develops and maintains quality assurance test cases to verify new functionality works as designed and integrity of existing business functions is maintained. The role will also be given primary responsibility for small projects, typically less than 40 hours work effort, and will collaborate with Senior Project Managers and area Directors to support large project initiatives when required.
• Develops and maintains a coherent library of business test cases and expected results for each level 1 business system
• Executes test cases, maintains defect logs and follows defects through to closure
• Initiates project activities by defining a project's purpose, scope and desired timetables and participates in associated activities
• Develops and updates project plans, including key milestones and deliverables, and assists Senior Project Managers with larger initiatives as required
• Assures new application or system modification is fully developed, tested, and properly documented for a smooth implementation and user acceptance
• Assists in the communication of project status, risks and other issues by providing regular status updates to stakeholders and supervisor
• Performs other duties as needed
• AS degree or equivalent experience (1 -3 years’ work experience)
• Understanding of business processes
• Solid understanding of project SDLC phases
• Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to work independently in completing recurring projects/tasks
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities to resolve critical production issues
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work with multiple teams in a fast paced environment
• Proficient in MS office
• Working knowledge of SQL in order to develop and execute queries against Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment
• 40 hour work week (M-F). May require some flexibility with working hours to accommodate after-hours deployments, etc.
Delta Dental of Rhode Island is the state’s leading dental insurer, administering dental benefits for nearly 613,000 members. Headquartered in Providence, we remain a symbol of strength and stability in the local dental insurance arena.
Our strength is evidenced by the fact that 96% of our customers said they were satisfied or very satisfied with our overall performance last year. And, 98% said they were satisfied with the quality of their treatment.
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has provided affordable dental insurance to employers, individuals and families across the country. As the nation’s largest, most experienced dental benefits carrier, Delta Dental serves more than 73 million Americans with dental coverage. Delta Dental provides dental coverage to more than 139,000 groups nationwide.