Provides IT support to end users on a variety of issues. Responds to telephone calls and emails for technical support. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems regarding desktop hardware, VDI issues, software equipment; tracks and monitors problems to ensure timely resolution; keeps end users apprised of status of requests.
• Daily hands-on monitoring and maintenance (configurations, settings) of the VDI environment
• Provides helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
• Addresses all issues from level 1 to 3 and escalate as needed to another member of the team (i.e. deskside, phone and email requests)
• Works in conjunction with team members and user base to fulfill helpdesk tickets
• Follows through on all service requests, ensuring end user receives detailed information regarding status of request and time frame for resolution
• Documents all help desk activity and identifies repeat patterns which may need to be addressed through an alternative process. Meets departments SLA and responds to tickets within required time-frame.
• Assists with on boarding/off boarding of new users, including VDI or hardware setup
• Installs, tests and configures new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
• Maintains inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
• Assigns users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
• Patches the VDI and physical desktop environment on a monthly basis
• Keeps management apprised of problems which may escalate
• Support of remote access including SafeNet tokens (dual factor authentication) and VPN requests
• Assists with IT Infrastructure projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2013 and Office 2016
• Working knowledge of Virtual Desktop infrastructure
• Mid level knowledge in VMware Horizon View 7 and higher
• Advanced skills in Active Directory including setting up accounts, disabling accounts, security groups and NTFS permissions
• Working knowledge of Liquidware ProfileUnity
• Experience with one or more of the following: PowerShell scripting, Office 365 User management and mailbox setup, TrackIT, Service Desk Plus, Networking and Voice Telecommunication is a plus
• Good working knowledge of laptops including, WIFI connectivity, Authentication (SafeNet), docking stations, laptop maintenance and operations.
• Working knowledge of desktops, workstations, laptops, IVR (Unify), zero clients and ThinPC technology
• Should be aware of ITIL processes of Incident Requests, Change Management, Problems, Service Request and related activities
• Demonstrated familiarity with printers, monitors, multiple screen displays, peripherals
• Proficiency with troubleshooting, baseloads (Clonezilla), system updates and virus software.
• Working knowledge on Anti-Virus and malware software (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
• iPhone Configuration and support (Airwatch)
• Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
• Effective Communication Skills
• Ability to think outside the box on issues that arise
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Time management
• Team Oriented
• Continuous Learning
o Keep pace with technology advancements through self-paced and company sponsored education.
• 2-3 years of helpdesk experience with deskside support, telephone and email support required
• Associate’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, or Engineering and/or recognized industry certifications preferred
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
• Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
• 40 hour work week (M-F) as assigned and additional hours as required.
• Position includes some after hours and weekend work for deployments, testing and monthly patching.
Delta Dental of Rhode Island is the state’s leading dental insurer, administering dental benefits for nearly 613,000 members. Headquartered in Providence, we remain a symbol of strength and stability in the local dental insurance arena.
Our strength is evidenced by the fact that 96% of our customers said they were satisfied or very satisfied with our overall performance last year. And, 98% said they were satisfied with the quality of their treatment.
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has provided affordable dental insurance to employers, individuals and families across the country. As the nation’s largest, most experienced dental benefits carrier, Delta Dental serves more than 73 million Americans with dental coverage. Delta Dental provides dental coverage to more than 139,000 groups nationwide.