The Crew Member greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
• Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
• Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
• Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
• Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
• Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
• Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
• Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
• Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual .
• Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual .
• Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
• Completes University of SUBWAY®courses as directed
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience & Skills: No previous experience required.Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Estep and Company Inc. began with one small Subway store in 1990 with just six team members. Since then, Estep & Company, has merged into the Five Guys Burgers & Fries Restaurant chain, established the Catering Call center for Subway, and manage Service my Restaurants, a maintenance service for other Subway restaurants.
From the very beginning we have always felt that our strength as a company starts and ends with taking care of each and every customer across the counter. Even though customers come to Subway and Five Guys to satisfy their hunger they also have an emotional need they want to fill. When they hand over that $5 bill we need to realize that they are handing us our paycheck and in exchange for that we need to give great customer service. We like to think of our Team Business Leaders as pilots that fly on a mission. All other team members give support to keep the mission going on a day to day basis. Estep & Company Inc. believes that we are not in the food business but we are in the people business.
We take great pride in our store operations and we want to be the very best in the Subway and Five Guys brand. As a company we are constantly looking to improve our operations in every facet of our business. This takes a huge effort by everyone on our "TEAM". At Estep & Company Inc. we believe that our "TEAM" will be the difference maker in our future growth.
We feel that we have been very blessed by God in the growth of our company and we want to be able to be a blessing. Whether it is for just a short time or a lifetime we believe that our employees come into our lives for a reason. Estep & Company Inc. wants to be a "history maker" in the Subway and Five Guys brand and in the lives of the "TEAM" that are employed with us.
George and Stella Estep