The Media Intern will work closely with supervisors, mentors and other media team members to support as a generalist or specialist for wide range of tasks and assignments for live action and CG/3D production developments for a variety of high-profile stereoscopic projects.
• Provide support in 3D asset and shot development as a generalist or specialist for tasks such as modeling, texturing, animation, dynamics, FX, lighting, look development, rendering, and compositing.
• Work within an existing pipeline and folder structure.
• Gather creative and technical references for projects and shot requirements.
• Develop iterations for periodical review and approval based on delivery schedules.
• Work with proprietary virtual lensing logic to achieve correctly output rendered frames for various output formats, screens, and venues.
• Engage in proactive communication and welcome collaboration and feedback from supervisors, mentors, and other team members.
• Balance visual details with production efficiency, deadlines, and file sizes, by suggesting and enacting optimizations for various restricted bandwidth scenarios.
• Accomplish tasks within the guidelines and structures set up by supervisors, mentors, and other team members.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be Intermediate/Advanced skill level in Maya with specialist or generalist experience.
• Must be Intermediate/Advanced skill level in Photoshop.
• Must have a firm understanding of rendering and render layers/passes.
• Experience with Vray, Nuke, Premiere, After Effects, Shotgun, Unity, various FX plugins, scripting, interactive, augmented reality, or virtual reality, themed entertainment is a plus.
• Must be creative, resourceful, innovative, proactive, self-motivated, self-managed, a problem solver, and a team player with the ability to work independently on complex creative and logistical tasks.
• Must utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and have the ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Must have the ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish the work.
• Must have the capacity to keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the position.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse individuals outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, partners, vendors, consultants, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, service member status, marital status, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Internships typically last three months
About Falcon's Creative Group Falcon’s Creative Group delivers innovative, powerful experiences with breakthrough solutions. We build immersive experiences that challenge the limits of reality and fire the imagination. Our passionate, award-winning team of artists, filmmakers, engineers, architects, designs and writers transform everyday reality, every day.