Job Description Bander is responsible to safely stack, strap and handle completed lumber products. Verifies material meets customer requirements and company expectations.
• Bands material in accordance with established procedures, will cover, and label components/finish product.
• Checks order schedule and completes orders in accordance to schedule using computer system.
• Ensures correct quantities and material are stacked, strapped, labeled and removed from work area in a safer manner.
• Ensures that quality of product is maintained based on company standards
• Records production on production sheets and reports any discrepancies and problems to supervisor.
• Performs other duties as required
• Prefer banding experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience using a tensioner, with poly and steel banding
• Must be able to swing an 8 – 10 pound sledge hammer routinely throughout the shift
• Experience using a computerized inventory system
• Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
• Ability to correctly read a tape measure
• Ability to understand basic math and numbers
• Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
• Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools and other equipment as required
• Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
• Ability to pay attention to surroundings
• Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
• Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
• Ability to work hours mandated by management
About Great Lakes Forest Products, Inc. Great Lakes Forest Products offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and life insurance.
Great Lakes Forest Products prides itself on a great culture, with an emphasis on teamwork and family. We have several employee functions throughout the year; company picnic, tail gating at Notre Dame games, employee appreciation lunches and holiday celebrations.
Great Lakes Forest Products, Inc. is located in Elkhart, Indiana and specializes in remanufactured and bulk lumber as well as imported and domestic plywood. Some of our key markets include recreational vehicle, manufactured housing, cargo trailer, mobile office, park model, retail, bed frames, and industrial. Through our lumber and plywood mill contacts and our experienced, knowledgeable sales staff, we are able to offer shipments throughout North America. Great Lakes Forest Products, Inc. is built on a solid foundation of great people. Along with supplying quality products, we pride ourselves on reliability, responsiveness, trust, and most importantly hard work. We love what we do!