Job Description The Maintenance Helper , (1st shift 6am-3 Monday-Thursday and 6-12pm Friday) is responsible for performing basic preventative maintenance on machinery, equipment, and tools, and various building repairs/projects.
Job responsibilities include assisting the Maintenance Technician with the following responsibilities below:
• Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, tools and building.
• Assists in repair of woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, hand tools and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
• Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
• Maintains records of repair and maintenance activities.
• Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
• Maintains work area clean and organized• Prepares various reports as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in machine repair in maintenance.
• Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and control technology, and welding.
• Working knowledge of safe equipment practices and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Demonstrate working knowledge hazardous material handling procedures and practices
• Understanding and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer terminal and a calculator.
• Ability to follow specific instructions and directions
• Demonstrates ability to read blue prints, technical diagrams, and operating manuals.
• Demonstrates ability to use precision measuring instruments or tools, and to use manual tools.
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
• Ability to identify safety issues in their work area• Ability to work under immediate supervision
About Great Lakes Forest Products, Inc. Great Lakes Forest Products offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and life insurance.
Great Lakes Forest Products prides itself on a great culture, with an emphasis on teamwork and family. We have several employee functions throughout the year; company picnic, tail gating at Notre Dame games, employee appreciation lunches and holiday celebrations.
Great Lakes Forest Products, Inc. is located in Elkhart, Indiana and specializes in remanufactured and bulk lumber as well as imported and domestic plywood. Some of our key markets include recreational vehicle, manufactured housing, cargo trailer, mobile office, park model, retail, bed frames, and industrial. Through our lumber and plywood mill contacts and our experienced, knowledgeable sales staff, we are able to offer shipments throughout North America. Great Lakes Forest Products, Inc. is built on a solid foundation of great people. Along with supplying quality products, we pride ourselves on reliability, responsiveness, trust, and most importantly hard work. We love what we do!