Position: Warehouse Manager
Location: Fairfield, OH
Work Hours: First Shift - 6:30am to 2:45pm
Job Type: Full-Time, Salary
Summary: Directs warehousing activities for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current.
• Ensures the responsibilities assigned to both the shipping and receiving positions are carried out in the most efficient manner possible.
• Takes periodic physical counts of inventory as requested by management, ensuring the accuracy of such counts.
• Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Prepares work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
• Keeps area clean and orderly (includes warehouse area, scrap room, dock area and aisles)
• Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as production, sales, records control and purchasing.
• Directs salvage of damaged or used material as well as scrap and waste material.
• Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
• Makes sure the building is opened for the first shift and closed and secure if last one to leave.
• When needed, carries out the tasks of either the Receiving or Shipping Forklift Operators (i.e. work overload, vacations, etc.)
• Manages and/or executes the miscellaneous item purchasing duties. This will include all items except paper raw materials. This will also include processing requisitions into purchase orders; distributing copies; verifying the accuracy of items received; matching all receivers with purchase orders; forwarding matched receivers to accounting for payment; expediting needed items as requested; and administrate all persons involved in the purchasing process to ensure efficient operation.
• Assists the AIB Coordinator and Committee to ensure that all shipping and receiving activities meet or exceed AIB standards.
• Ensures that the shipping/receiving staff abides by all HPPI and AIB requirements and that the proper documentation is properly filed and keep on file.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees in the Warehouse. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HPPI policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Desired Skills & Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors and the other employees of the organization
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, proportions and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have valid driver’s license. Must be able to complete company forklift certification.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands, arms and shoulders. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Safety: Performs all job duties within established safety guidelines.
Honeymoon Paper Products has been a quality manufacturer of corrugated and folding carton packaging, primarily for food service customers, since 1960.
Today, Honeymoon Paper Products employs almost 150 employees in two locations. Our company headquarters location in Fairfield, Ohio produces primarily corrugated packaging and our South Carolina plant produces primarily folding carton packaging.
Our products include pizza boxes, food trays, food take-home boxes, deli and bakery packaging.
Click "Visit Our Website" below to apply on our NEW careers page!