As the Distribution Clerk you will operate the Idaho Youth Ranch truck by loading and distributing merchandise from your assigned thrift store to the local distribution warehouse, and vice versa. The Distribution Clerk must be able to regularly move large furniture and appliances, with equipment. When not driving, the Distribution Clerk will be in the back of the assigned IYR thrift store to handle and process incoming donations. You will interact with multiple donors and customers daily, so strong customer service skills are a must!
Local routes only, no CDL required!
• Delivers merchandise to customer’s residences, distribution center or store location, efficiently loading the truck to maximize IYR transportation costs
• Performs pre-trip inspection on the truck. Insures proper truck maintenance
• Operates pallet jacks, hand-carts, lift gates, and other loading/moving equipment
• Sorts, cleans, prices, and stocks donated merchandise. Regularly moves large boxes, furniture and appliances
• Operates the compactor and crusher in a safe manner
• Maintains agency quality assurance standards by adhering to all agency policies and procedures
• Serves as a representative of the Idaho Youth Ranch to both staff and members of the community
• Operates cash registers, credit card machine and check processing equipment
• Ensures the accuracy of all monetary transactions
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• One year experience driving a delivery truck
• Must possess a valid, state-issued driver’s license, driving record must meet agency standards
• Demonstrated work ethic, integrity and professional conduct by using Professional verbal communication skills
• General knowledge of the retail environment, including knowledge of popular brands, product pricing and antiques
• Ability to work weekends regularly
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to accurately discern colors
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including hot and cold environments regularly
• May require a DOT physical examination
• Stand for long periods of time, stooping, bending, twisting, lifting and reaching will be required in completion of job duties
You’ve got passion. You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment. You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro, and you have a hard working attitude. You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today.
For more information regarding this position and our benefits visit our website at: www.youthranch.org
The Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.