As the Product Value Specialist for the Idaho Youth Ranch you will collaborate cross functionally with the Idaho Youth Ranch’s Leadership, e-commerce, and Distribution Center personnel identifying and communicating opportunities to capture added-value product for new and existing specialty categories. It will be crucial that you continually research and stay on the pulse of emerging trends, brands, and opportunities to enhance revenue streams by identifying added-value donated product. This role will also assist with establishing product selection needs, inventory flow, inventory management, and order fulfillment of identified categories.
An ideal candidate will have passion for brands, antiques, collectibles, and consumer trends. You will show a strong desire to learn and continue growth in the non-profit world of thrift stores, eCommerce, and supply chain management. You will operate well in a team oriented culture, have fun while being accountable, and be connected to our mission.
• Product select and coordinate for seasonal events, special “added-value” sorts, eCommerce needs, Ruby’s shop’s needs, and special projects as assigned.
• Demonstrate and utilize in-depth knowledge of our product needs to continue growth within eCommerce platforms, Ruby’s Shops, and specialty categories.
• Maintain consistent inventory levels for each identified category.
• Proactively work and communicate added-value opportunities with Social Enterprise teams, including but not limited to Quality Control Team, Merchandise Advisory Group, and Retail Management Team.
• Assist in creating training materials for approved standards and selection of added-value items.
• Research and stay on the pulse of emerging trends, brands, and opportunities to enhance revenue streams by identifying added-value donated product.
• Communicate opportunities and assist in capturing added-value product for new and existing specialty categories.
• Partner with Social Enterprise Quality Control Team to establish product selection needs, inventory flow, inventory management, and order fulfillment of identified categories.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have basic math, reading and writing skills
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Knowledge of and passion for added-value clothing, home goods, collectibles, and antiques
Physical Requirements, Mental, Equipment & Working Condition Elements:
• Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment temperatures 0 – 100 F
• Potential hazards exist regarding machinery such as forklifts, pallets jacks, conveyors, and other mechanized systems.
• Candidate must be able to regularly safely lift 40 lbs.
• Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable ranges.
• The position involves repetitive motions over the duration of an entire shift, including standing and walking and repeated bending, stretching, twisting and lifting
• Closed toed and heel shoes are required as part of dress code
• Complete required equipment training; follow all safety requirements per area and duty of work
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today.
For more information regarding this position and our benefits visit our website at: www.youthranch.org
The Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.