The Idaho Youth Ranch is growing their outpatient services and looking for a full-time Outpatient Therapist to join our team.
As an Outpatient Therapist you will be responsible for providing exceptional mental health services for youth and families and to maintain appropriate documentation.
• Perform assessments, evaluations, observations, and interviews using a variety of tools to identify needs and formulate diagnostic impressions
• Develop treatment plans, and recommended services and interventions in collaboration with the client and family
• Complete all required documentation for each patient within the allotted time frame
• Responsible to provide direct counseling to individuals, families, and/or groups
• Actively participate in all staff, provider meetings, and other meetings as necessary
• Direct and provide crisis intervention support
• Knowledge and use of evidenced-based best practice therapeutic models
• Adhere to all ethical standards set forth by licensing board
• Maintain HIPPA compliance
• Complete other duties as assigned
Minimum eligibility and qualifications:
• Master’s degree (or higher) in a direct clinical practice human services field (e.g., social work, psychology, marriage and family counseling, or very closely related field of study) is required.
• Idaho State Licensure associated with the degree, or ability to obtain prior to hire: Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors (LCPC) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT).
• Experience providing counseling and/or crisis intervention services to families and adolescents
• Strong computer skills
• Must have a valid Idaho’s driver’s license or obtain one within 15 days of hire, as a condition of continued employment
• Must be at least 25 years of age
• Schedule is dependent on the needs and availability of the client. Work schedule may include late afternoon/evening
• May be required to attend an occasional organizational meeting or training sessions that requires overnight travel and that may last for several days
• Incumbent may sit for long periods of time in a temperature-controlled environment, some work may be in a residential facility
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the associate(s) in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary by position.
You’re a leader, who likes to lead by example
Satisfaction is your game, as you encourage others to always work at their best. You always have a positive attitude and you use it to influence fellow co-workers. You have a hard working mindset that allows others to maintain a high moral. You welcome diversity. You value employees and customers that you like to develop professional relationships with them.
You’ve got passion.
You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment.
You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro.
You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. Additionally, all employees receive a 25% off discount on merchandise in the thrift store locations.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.
As a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today
For more information regarding this position and our benefits visit our website at: www.youthranch.org
The Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.