As an Idaho Youth Ranch Driver you will be responsible for making efficient pickups and deliveries to/from donor homes, the landfill, recycling center or outlet store. Routes will be assigned to you as the need for product demand increases. Applicants who apply must have a clean driving record, and be able to practice safe defensive driving techniques on fleet vehicles so you can reduce the risk of injuries on the job.
• Loads and unloads trucks in a way to minimize breakage, tying in items, whenever needed
• Unloads/loads baling, appliances, and yard items with forklift
• Picks up merchandise and distributes it to the stores/distribution center, dump or recycling center as needed
• Picks up empty refer boxes from selected suppliers
• Performs and completes the Pre-Trip and Post-Trip inspection. Also, performs a daily walk-around each time the truck is operated
• Completes a store stock order for the store assigned, pull supplies, books, new merchandise and other warehouse items to be shipped
• Greets customers, accepts donations, offers a receipt, and thanks each customer for their donation. Treats customer’s donations with respect
• Cleans and sorts donated merchandise
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• 1 year experience driving a delivery truck
• Must have a valid Idaho’s driver’s license, driving record must be acceptable
• Previous driver experience preferred
• Must be able to pass a bi-annual DOT physical
• Previous distribution center or warehouse experience preferred
• Must be able to work with little supervision
• Must have basic math, reading and writing skills
Physical Requirements, Mental, Equipment & Working Condition Elements:
• Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment temperatures 0 – 100 F
• Potential hazards exist regarding machinery such as forklifts, pallets jacks, conveyors, and other mechanized systems.
• Candidate must be able to regularly safely lift 40 lbs.
• Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable ranges.
• The position involves repetitive motions over the duration of an entire shift, including standing and walking and repeated bending, stretching, twisting and lifting
• Safety equipment, gloves, closed toed shoes are required
You’ve got passion.
You want to make a difference and have a soft spot for kids. You get excited about the possibility of having a real impact and working closely with a committed team to create something transformative. You see what’s possible and don’t let obstacles deter you. You like to get focused on a vision and work diligently to achieve it. Your passion is evident in your interactions. You like to have fun.
You like a challenge and enjoy a dynamic environment.
You’re okay with being the go-to person for customer service problems, challenges and opportunities. You like to be the master of your environment and learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience.
You’re a pro.
You have a high personal standard of excellence, a strong work ethic and commitment to mission. You’re looking for a new opportunity to leverage and grow your skills, to make a unique contribution to a team effort – to stretch your knowledge, skills and character. You have an innate ability to recognize shifting priorities and adjust accordingly. You understand the power of relationships, the value of persistence, the reward of professionalism, the fun of discovery and the inevitability of change. You’re respected by your peers and can get results where others struggle. Integrity isn’t something you have, it’s who you are.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. We save, empower and prepare kids for promising futures.
The Idaho Youth Ranch has a competitive Total Compensation Package including: medical plan, dental, vision, retirement plan and other optional benefits. If you want to make a difference in a child’s life, apply today.
For more information regarding this position and our benefits visit our website at: www.youthranch.org
The Idaho Youth Ranch is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency that offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training, adoption services, and more for at-risk kids and their families.