Shift hours: Monday - Thursday 4:25 p.m. - 2:55 a.m.
Jones Metal is looking for energetic, quality focused team players to join our second shift team of metal fabricators as a Machine Operator. Machine Operators at Jones Metal may run a variety of different metal tending machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, lasers and punches.
Essential Duties of a Machine Operator include:
1. Read blueprints to determine product specifications, tooling instructions and plan operational sequences.
2. Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal.
3. Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
4. Positions part against stops or align layout marks with die or blade.
5. Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines
6. Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
7. Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction.
8. Measures part dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
9. Verifies workpieces to work instruction to insure pieces are correct.
10. Consistently and accurately follows all work instructions.
11. Loads finished workpieces onto pallets for next operation.
Qualifications of a Machine Operator at Jones include:
• Ability to use a variety of hand and measuring tools such as micrometers, gauges, calipers.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Possesses strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to perform basic computer functions as they pertain to this job.
• Ability to understand and communicate in English to the extent necessary to perform all functions of the job.
Apply today to learn more about becoming custom metal fabricator at Jones Metal Inc.
Jones Metal provides advanced metal fabrication solutions for original equipment manufacturers in various industries, including power generation, nuclear power generation, renewable energy, agricultural, heavy construction equipment, and US Military.