- Coordinates daily routine planning, staffing & load balancing activities.
- Ensures manifest integrity for all loads.
- Provides leadership , motivation, and education for personnel directly involved with delivery operations.
- Schedules deliveries and dispatches drivers based on requirements of the customer as communicated through various media channels.
- Able to schedule appointments at the port
- must be able to create reports in excel.
- Keeps an accurate record of deliveries (POD) and ensures manifests are properly closed.
- Coordinates and communicates daily on-demand services as needed.
- Ensures all assets are maintained consistent with company expectations.
- Assists with monitoring and is responsible for building and vehicle safety and security.
- Other duties may be assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Education
- MUST have at least 1-2 years experience in dispatching full container freight.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent verbal and written communication with customers abd drivers.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities.
- Organization and time management skills, detail oriented, able to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment and ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Spanish speaking candidates are a plus.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a varity of instructions furnished in written, oral, disgram, or schedule form.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours. Empolyee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software, and order processing systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals wih disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear, required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle, or feel. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilites to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Dispatching: 2 years (Preferred)
9am-6pm or 10am-7pm
*Empolyee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and/or Sundays
Payrate: $18+ (DOE)