Main Menu
Marshall Grain Company

Marketing Intern



Job Description
Job Description

Open Immediately - Permanent Full Time (30+ hours/week)

You will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a creative and fast-paced retail business environment. You will be involved in all aspects of retail operations, with approximately 80% of your time dedicated to sales and marketing activities. The other 20% will include providing excellent customer service experiences for our customers, and performing other duties as required.

Qualifications:
College level student majoring in marketing, journalism/communications, public relations, advertising or related field.
Good visual and written communications skills
Attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to remain flexible and handle changing priorities
Must be able to meet deadlines
Understand of general marketing principles
Must be willing to work Saturdays and some Sundays
Ability to work well with others
General office and phone skills, keyboard, Microsoft Office
Familiarity with organic gardening and/or horticulture a plus

Duties
Assist in actively engaging social media users on key channels (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram) by helping to manage accounts, create and post content, and measure effectiveness
Help generate creative and effective marketing content and materials to be used across many formats, including digital formats (social media, email, website, videos), and print channels (direct mail, press releases, and coupons).
Monitor and compile analytics from multiple sources and present them in regular reports
Help research and write content for gardening tip of the week blog
Assist with maintaining marshallgrain.com
Help set up and execute in-store events
Help design and build in-store merchandising displays
Help create and post POS signage
Help maintain the company’s media list of relevant press contacts and social media influencers
Help manage online and direct-send reviews/testimonials
Support store operations by cashiering and assisting customers as needed. Use proven sales/customer service skills to assist customers with the purchase process and increase average tickets by answering their questions, suggesting add-on purchases, carrying merchandise, etc.
Assist in extracting data from POS system and creating reports








About Marshall Grain Company
Our company started out in 1946 as a traditional feed and farm supplies store. We are now a full-line garden center including landscaping services. We specialize in organic products and methods. We also have large departments with pet food and supplies, wild bird products and feed for chickens and other animals.


View all job openings for Marshall Grain Company
Posted on February 4, 2013 at 8:04 am
Clean up your social media and get a job!
In a recent poll, 18 percent of employers reported finding content on social networking sites that caused them to hire or not hire a candidate.
READ MORE >
Posted on February 4, 2013 at 8:04 am
Clean up your social media and get a job!
In a recent poll, 18 percent of employers reported finding content on social networking sites that caused them to hire or not hire a candidate.
READ MORE >
Posted on February 4, 2013 at 8:04 am
Clean up your social media and get a job!
In a recent poll, 18 percent of employers reported finding content on social networking sites that caused them to hire or not hire a candidate.
READ MORE >
©2011-2018
NinjaGig.com 4.75 out of 5 from 12 ratings.