A full-time Systems Administrator position is available at Merit Advisors, LLC for passionate, tech-savvy and dependable individuals This position is established to perform highly complex projects and offers the opportunity to work with Windows desktop support as well as networks, and server systems (on-premise and cloud) across the United States. This position will involve challenging opportunities, real technical projects, and interaction with staff. We run a fast-paced but casual office in a supportive atmosphere. As part of our IT team, you’ll wear lots of hats.
If you have exceptional customer service skills, are highly dependable and enjoy being the one that everyone comes to for computer technical help, then we are looking for you.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serve as a technical expert in system administration for complex operating systems. Recommend the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigate and analyze the feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. The System Administrator will provide direct technical assistance and support to Merit Advisors’ staff for network, hardware, software issues, and Cloud-based issues.
Merit Advisors is a fast growing, equity-backed frim with an emphasis on technology.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Support LANs, WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems.
• Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
• Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, application software, and end-point security software.
• Update social media, marketing, and company website
• Implement, monitor and maintain Microsoft Azure solutions.
• Ability to work off hours to support client migrations and upgrades.
• Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
• Identify and report system issues to vendors.
• Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
• Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
• Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software, and equipment such as air-conditioning system, uninterrupted
power system, and fire protection system.
• Record activities, solutions and other responses to a request for assistance.
• Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
• Monitor and maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
• Contribute to Merit Advisors’ technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
• Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
• Provide backup technical support for the network including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
• Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Merit Advisors is looking for an individual with –
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 in a technical support environment.
• Experience in supporting recent versions of Microsoft Office Applications, including 2013 and 2016.
• Experience with networking technologies and printer support is preferred.
• Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
• Ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with modern desktop and cloud software and hardware technologies.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Ability to maintain professional (business casual) dress and grooming.
• Ability to furnish documentation proving your eligibility to work in the United States
• Compensation will be dependent on education and experience.
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Over 350 + clients range from publicly traded corporations to individual small business owners and are serviced by a team that combines engineers, appraisal and valuation experts and seasoned tax and consulting professionals that bring together the perfect balance of high quality and diverse solutions of a larger firm while not foregoing the "high level touch" customer service of a smaller firm.