The Director of Manufacturing will have overall management and profit/loss responsibility for the plant.
The Director of Manufacturing will work closely with;
• The Quality Manager and QA team to assure we satisfy our customers’ quality and delivery Requirements.
• The Sales Department to gain new business and grow the Division
• Corporate Engineering to assure projects are implemented timely, taking a leadership role if needed on critical projects.
• Responsible for the profitability of the plant, working with the Company’s executive management team, this includes:
o Managing the resources of the plant in an efficient manor
o Assuring staffing levels are appropriate and productive
o Assuring that raw materials/components are effectively used, minimizing scrap/waste, and optimizing inventory levels balancing purchase costs with carrying inventory
o Reviewing production equipment, focusing on utilization rates while identifying potential bottlenecks and replacement needs.
• Assure customer orders are satisfied timely, working with your production planning team to meet production commitments.
• Work with Production team to assure inventory systems result in accurate, reliable inventory, approaching 98% accuracy.
• In the absence of sales department personnel, meet with customers as required to address their needs and concerns.
• Review current manufacturing processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies.
• Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program.Serve as plant’s Team Leader for Continuous Process Improvement Teams, evaluating processes to reduce waste, redundancy and other non-value added operations.
• Identify root cause and lead corrective action implementation when process problems occur. Train staff to do the same.
• Accomplish production planning human resource objectives by working with Human Resources in identifying, recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, assessing, coaching, and disciplining current production team;
• Communicate job expectations; monitor, appraise performance, and review job contributions; plan, review and administer compensation actions in accordance with corporate policies.
• Enforce operational policies and procedures to insure adherence to ISO standards and continuous improvements initiatives.
• Work with Plant Team to assure effective utilization of Company’s MRP and other computer systems.
• 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing management with Profit and Loss responsibilities in a job shop production setting.
• Strong technical aptitude is preferred; B.S in Engineering.
• Plastic Injection molding experience is preferred.
• Experience working in a medical or food grade manufacturing facility ideal
• Strong understanding of ISO standards (preferably 13485).
• Previous experience implementing and using continuous improvement tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, etc. to drive productivity improvements.
• Previous experience/basic understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial information.
MRPC is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, & Disabilities.
MRPC is a single-source provider of innovative medical device components and assemblies. We specialize in silicone molding, two-material molding and micro-molding. Our extensive experience in the molding industry, combined with a commitment to innovation, means our engineering and manufacturing services are on the leading edge of technology.