Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for repairing machines and routine plant maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes but is not limited to the following:
• Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating problems. Inspect machine and observe operation to detect the cause of malfunction. Make repairs and adjustments to keep machinery in production.
• Repair and maintain company machinery as directed according to blueprints, catalogs, and data charts. Disassemble and rebuild machines; overhaul troublesome components and attachments. Involves dismantling, inspection, machining and/or replacement of purchased parts.
• Select replacement parts from parts lists and catalogs. Lay out repair parts; set up and operate machine tools to machine parts. May improvise some tooling.
• Perform machinist's work related to the installation of new machine tools or the relocation of existing machines. May work as part of a project team to complete assignment.
• Perform routine housekeeping activities in work area.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Accredited journeyman apprenticeship in machine repair preferred
• Three to five years’ experience in diversified machine operations.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Requires knowledge of machining technology, electrical codes, mechanical principles, advanced shop mathematics, job layout and precision measuring procedures, setups, tooling application, and operating methods.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and move heavier objects with proper equipment.
• Capable of operating a hoist/lifting equipment safely and effectively.
MRPC is a single-source provider of innovative medical device components and assemblies. We specialize in silicone molding, two-material molding and micro-molding. Our extensive experience in the molding industry, combined with a commitment to innovation, means our engineering and manufacturing services are on the leading edge of technology.