The Tooling Engineer will have the responsibility of leading tooling projects from design to launch into production.
• Lead Tool Design Reviews
• Manage tooling projects on time and on budget
• Manage all outside tooling vendors
• Root cause analysis and corrective action implementation
• Provide support and direction for internal tool makers
• Ensure tooling reliably produces parts that meet print tolerances and capability requirements
• Communicate tooling status and tooling risk effectively
• Expert understanding of Innovative Injection Mold tooling.
• Ability to review part designs (draft, side-actions, shutoffs, etc.).
• Understanding of fixture design for secondary operations and/or inspection.
• Understanding good manufacturing processes and advanced quality planning (APQP)
• Excellent communication skills
• Medical molding experience is a plus
• Thermoplastic injection molding experience is a plus
• Ability to represent MRPC well to our customers and suppliers
• An engineering degree/related technical field and/ or
• Five or more years of experience is required.
MRPC is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, & Disabilities.
MRPC is a single-source provider of innovative medical device components and assemblies. We specialize in silicone molding, two-material molding and micro-molding. Our extensive experience in the molding industry, combined with a commitment to innovation, means our engineering and manufacturing services are on the leading edge of technology.