NOVO Building Products is opening a new distribution facility and staffing for several positions: (1) Material Handlers; (2) Order Pickers/Pullers; and (3) Forklift Drivers. These positions all assist with various activities in the warehouse such as stocking of new product, restocking product bins, picking customer orders, banding of materials, loading for shipment, or labeling/repacking.
Job duties will vary based on the are of the warehouse the Material Handler is assigned.
– Restock product bins
– Check the quality of stock
– Use banding equipment to securely band material for shipment.
– Interacts with other departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders as necessary
– Operates motorized equipment (i.e. tuggers) for efficient and safe movement of stock and materials
– Assists in Light Manufacturing (i.e. labeling product, barcoding, repackaging, and other related duties) to prepare products for customer orders
– Assist order pullers to accurately fill customer order by pulling product from bins.
– Keep work area clean including sweeping and rebinding loose bundles.
– Ensure all work area is clean and bins are stocked for the start of the next shift
– Oher warehouse duties may be assigned based on business needs.
– High School Diploma or GED
– Basic Math Skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
– Ability to use and read a ruler/tape measure
– Ability to read and follow directions
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with other
– Ability to lift 50 lbs.
– Ability to push/pull up to 75 lbs.
– Ability to physically handle awkward product lengths
– Ability to climb ladders or stairs
– Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend forward or reach repetitively
– Ability to stand for long hours
– Will be exposed to dust from wood product
– Fluctuating warehouse temperatures (based on the season)
Novo Building Products is a leading manufacturer and distributor of moulding, stair parts, Stair systems, doors, and other specialty building products servicing building material dealers (lumberyards), door shops, retail home centers, and millwork manufacturers throughout the United States The North American divisions include: The Empire Company, Southwest Moulding Company, LJ Smith Stair Systems, Ornamental Mouldings, Ornamental Products, and Creative Stair.