Work with a great team in a friendly atmosphere for a wonderful assisted living facility. We are looking for a professional, flexible, detail orientated individual with a dedication to working with senior citizens in a residential setting. The mission of Saint Ann’s Residence is to enhance the quality of life of older adults by providing a secure, comfortable, and homelike environment.
The Nursing Office Assistant will work closely with the Director of Nursing in all areas of clerical-organizational needs for both St. Ann's residents and the unlicensed nursing staff.
POSITION: OFFICE ASSISTANT/RCS SUPERVISOR
HOURS: FT As Schedule
RESPONSIBLE TO: DON and RNs
• Set-up and check on physician appointments for residents
• Complete paperwork and set up transportation for residents with physician appointments
• Assist RN to keep up to date records of nursing clinical updates, annual review dates, and dates of contract change.
• Set up chart and paperwork for admission and dismantle chart after discharge
• Set up new employee files
• Perform chart audits and filing
• Tracking usage and ordering supplies
• Reordering medications
• Track resident lab dates and accompany lab tech to resident rooms
• Set up and monitor pendants
• Fill out resident profiles and distribute to department heads
• Check in medications and supplies and put them away
• Review and change “Services” in Residex to correspond with resident’s contract
• Review duty rosters periodically and adjust work load as needed
• Attend staff meetings and in service training
• Direct visitors, families and residents with medical/nursing questions and concerns
• Answer telephone and run errands internally
• Complete appropriate documentation on each client as warranted
• Assist DON with training and minor disciplinary actions
• Scheduling of unlicensed staff
• Assigning correct staff to train new employees
• Supervision of unlicensed staff to ensure that unlicensed staff duties and responsibilities are accomplished in a timely, quality, and correct manner and reporting problems to DON.
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
• Ability to write clearly and informatively.
• Edit work for spelling and grammar.
• Speak clearly.
• Listen and get clarification.
• Respond well to questions.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to add and subtract
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables
• Must be punctual, with a good attendance record.
• Follow instructions, both written and verbal
• Respond promptly to client’s request for service and assistance
• Work individually as well as within a team
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Monitor own work to ensure quality.
• Prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently
• Ability to delegate tasks to meet resident’s specific needs
• Complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
• Be flexible and adaptive to change, delays or unexpected events
• Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness
• Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
• Maintain confidentiality for residents and staff
• Observe safety and security procedures
• Use equipment and materials properly
• Asks for and offers help when needed
• Takes responsibility to his/her own actions
• Volunteer readily and seeks increased responsibilities
• Follow policies and procedures
• Ability to follow St. Ann’s guiding principle. Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Teamwork
• Must be mature and emotionally stable using calm and kind tone of voice, remaining calm in difficult and unusual circumstances.
• Promote independence with clients offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, bend and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift, sit, climb, stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear and taste and smell.
• All employees are required to complete a thorough physical assessment through Essentia Health Occupational Medicine within 30 days of hire and authorize the release of this information to St. Ann’s.
• Must have adequate vision and hearing necessary to perform job functions.
The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment consists of the entire facility including resident’s rooms. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to minimal.
• Inside work while assisting clients.
• Minimal exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens, Infectious Diseases.
• Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonable related duties as signed by the supervisor or other management.
St. Ann's is an assisted living community in Duluth, MN.