The safety coordinator provides technical safety and health support to field and management personnel. Develops safety and health programs and objectives and coordinates safety training programs. Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to field supervisors and project managers to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
1. Works closely with Company Managers, Project Managers, Field supervisors and employees.
2. Provides technical safety and health support and information to Field and corporate personnel.
3. Prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
4. Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs.
5. Develops annual company safety and health goals.
6. Participates in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
7. Supports Supervision in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
8. Maintains corporate safety library (e.g., videos, regulations, reference manuals).
9. Promotes safety and health awareness through mentoring, internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
10. Assists as necessary in implementation of a hazard communication program and preparation of reports.
11. Reviews company procedures/records and provides input for safety and health considerations.
12. Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
13. Provides technical support to corporate and operations personnel to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
14. Monitors lost-time injuries/illnesses and worker’s compensation claims.
15. Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
1. Collaboration Skills.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Customer/Client Focus.
4. Decision Making.
5. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
6. Problem Solving/Analysis.
7. Teamwork Orientation.
8. Technical Capacity.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The position is expected to transition back and forth between office and field environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position can expect to regularly travel throughout NC and SC, and occasionally to surrounding states. Occasional overnight travel should be expected 1-2 nights a month.
-Required Education and Experience-
1. College degree required
2. Knowledge of construction processes required. Experience in utility, commercial, and/or highway construction a plus
3. Preferred candidates will have 1-3 years experience in a Safety and Health capacity
State Utility Contractors, Inc. is committed to excellence and strives to be recognized as the premier builder of environmental service facilities in the Southeast. To earn this recognition by producing the highest quality facilities to meet our clients’ needs within their projects’ design, specification, and budgetary constraints. We enjoy the experience of the construction process and value its importance, realizing that it is the relationships we build during the process.
With our Corporate Office located in Monroe, North Carolina and regional office near Wilmington, North Carolina. State Utility Contractors, Inc. is one of the areas fastest growing employee owned contractors, specializing in heavy civil construction. Our areas of expertise are water and wastewater treatment plants, water and sewer lines, land/infrastructure, and general commercial construction.
State Utility Contractors, Inc. prides itself in being a forward thinking company, with expertise and performance that exceeds our competition. We provide services & solutions to the most complex projects, for without these services, growth could not occur.