Responsible for grants accounting process and execution. Also supports the Chief Operations Officer with reporting and analysis to support cash management for the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for coordinating and executing the grants billing process, including organization of supporting documentation, verification of coding of expenses to the appropriate program or activity, preparation of bills, compilation and delivery of billing packets, recording of billings in accounts receivable system, application of cash receipts to accounts receivable, and follow-up of unpaid and disputed billings.
• Provide financial information in support of programs and projects throughout the agency.
• Analyze accounts receivable, cash receipts and grants billings.
• Manage grants spend down analysis and reporting.
• Partner with program managers and Program Operations team to ensure appropriate billing and compliance.
• Prepare analysis of actual cash receipts and disbursements and short-term forecast of cash requirements.
• Prepare special analysis and reports as required.
• Assist Chief Operations Officer and Program Operations Senior Director with identification and implementation of process improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the grant accountants and finance support staff.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; this would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position.
This position requires travel to local business meetings, board meetings and mandated company sponsored events, as well as to offsite agency locations.
Required Education and Experience
• Degree in Accounting or Finance or Non-Profit Management from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in accounting with progressive responsibilities
• Non-profit accounting experience and/or contract billings experience
• Experience with government contracts and regulations
Preferred Education and Experience
• Advanced degree or certification in non-profit management, business or accounting
• Knowledge of accounting principles for non-profit agencies
• Familiarity of federal regulations from HUD, DOL & etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At St. Patrick Center, we’re one of Missouri’s largest providers of housing, employment and health opportunities for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We take an action-based approach to service and offer nationally recognized programs that assist more than 8,000 people each year. Our mission, at its core, is to help individuals and families move from homelessness to independence in dignified, cost-effective and permanent ways. This approach transforms our clients as well as our entire community. For more information about our organization, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org.