SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Clinical Data Manager is responsible for data quality, analysis, and reporting; compliance with HIPAA standards; and monitoring program compliance with accreditation standards. This position supports leadership in using data to improve quality and performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply knowledge of health care, housing services, and database management to analyze program data, and to identify and report trends. Participate as a full member of the Clinical Excellence Team, working closely with the Information Systems Manager and the Program Operations Team. Facilitate communication between program staff and data team. Adherence to St. Patrick Center’s core values: Trust, Ownership, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Data Quality and Security
• Provide training and technical assistance to users of the Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS), CaseWorthy and ServicePoint.
• Monitor data quality reports and develop strategies for correcting problems.
• Participate as member of the St. Louis City and County Continuum of Care HMIS Committee.
• Serve as the agency HIPAA Privacy Officer, monitoring compliance with federal privacy and security standards for protected health information.
Data Analysis and Reporting
• Prepare agency-wide annual outcome reports.
• Coordinate data collection across programs to meet deadlines.
• Develop procedures for data management including a data dictionary.
• Prepare data for analysis.
• Analyze data to identify or resolve operational problems.
• Train and assist program managers and administrators in data retrieval and report development.
• Design data dashboards and graphics.
• Collaborate with academic researchers.
Quality Improvement and Training
• Collaborate with program managers to complete quarterly case record review process.
• Develop procedures for monitoring compliance with the accreditation standards.
• Train staff, students, and volunteers in HIPAA privacy and security standards.
• Engage program staff and leadership in the interpretation of data reports for program planning.
• Create and maintain a database for staff training.
• Participate in strategic planning process and implementation.
• Serve on the Catholic Charities Quality Improvement Committee.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree with expertise in data management and analysis
• 2-3 years’ experience using client-based data information systems
• 1-2 years’ experience with program evaluation, research design, and statistical analysis
Preferred: Master’s degree in public health, social work, counseling, or related field
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent data-management and organizational skills, including attention to detail and sensitivity to data quality
• Proficient at using Excel
• Ability to manage and complete multiple time-sensitive projects
• Adherence to ethical standards
• Critical-thinking and analytical skills
• Excellent written and active listening skills, including the ability to interact with personnel at various levels (direct service staff, program managers, students, and administrators)
• Group facilitation skills and knowledge of training techniques for adult learners
• Willingness to build new areas of expertise, including knowledge of evidenced-based practices and methods for evaluating the effectiveness of these approaches
This job operates in a clerical office setting, as well as in direct client service locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and has regular engagement with agency clients and staff.
Physical Demands: Sedentary.
Minimal local travel required.
At St. Patrick Center, we’re one of Missouri’s largest providers of housing, employment and health opportunities for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We take an action-based approach to service and offer nationally recognized programs that assist more than 8,000 people each year. Our mission, at its core, is to help individuals and families move from homelessness to independence in dignified, cost-effective and permanent ways. This approach transforms our clients as well as our entire community. For more information about our organization, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org.