SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Development and Special Events Intern will learn the skills and abilities for effective event management and promotion, donor management and cultivation, and client program interaction. The duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the Development Department in coordinating and executing fundraising and friend raising events.
This position is unpaid, part-time for college credit.
The Development and Special Events Intern will work under the direction of the Development Manager in conjunction with the Sr. Manager of Development on various projects and tasks related to the success St. Patrick Center’s fundraising goals.
• Assists in operations and planning of all agency fundraising events to meet both revenue and event goals; this includes primarily, but not limited to, assisting with the logistics and outreach for the Veterans Day 5K Run/Walk
• Solicits support from area businesses and retailers for agency events
• Assists with Irish Open Gala & Golf Tournament event wrap-up
• Administers and coordinates special projects as assigned
• Assists with donor stewardship and cultivation
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at an accredited college or university
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Effective project management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong decision making skills
• Ability to work in a team environment while also being willing to work with a diverse array of personalities under pressure and within deadlines
• Reliable transportation to get to St. Patrick Center located at 800 N Tucker Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63101.
At St. Patrick Center, we’re one of Missouri’s largest providers of housing, employment and health opportunities for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We take an action-based approach to service and offer nationally recognized programs that assist more than 8,000 people each year. Our mission, at its core, is to help individuals and families move from homelessness to independence in dignified, cost-effective and permanent ways. This approach transforms our clients as well as our entire community. For more information about our organization, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org.