The Texoma Community Center, a Texas Community Mental Health and Intellectual Developmental Disability Center as defined by the Title 7, Section 534.001 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, is seeking qualified candidate(s) to serve on the Center’s Board of Trustees. These are non-paid, governmental appointments, which provide policy and financial oversight in conjunction with the Center’s Executive Management Team. Appointments are made by the City Councils of the cities of Bonham, Denison, Gainesville and Sherman, and the counties of Cooke, Fannin and Grayson. Two positions rotate between the cities of Denison, Sherman and Grayson County. Currently, the Center is seeking candidates to serve in rotating appointments for Grayson County and the City of Denison and a non-rotating position with for the City of Bonham.
Successful candidates must live within the city or county in which they are seeking an appointment. Successful candidates do not need specialized training but should have an interest in special needs populations and serving those in need of state-funded mental health, substance use or developmental disabilities.
Current positions available are as follows:
- Grayson County Appointment: This an appointment to a non-rotating position to represent Grayson County. Appointment shall be made via way of the Grayson County Commissioner’s Court. This position shall expire on August 31, 2019 and is eligible for reappointment on an annual basis. The successful appointee shall serve at the pleasure of the Commissioner’s Court.
- City of Denison: This an appointment to a rotating position to represent the City of Denison. Appointment shall be made via way of the City of Denison’s City Council. This position shall expire on August 31, 2019 and is eligible for a one-year reappointment, expiring on August 31, 2020. The successful appointee shall serve at the pleasure of the Denison City Council.
- City of Bonham: This an appointment to a non-rotating position to represent the City of Bonham. Appointment shall be made via way of the City of Bonham’s City Council. This position shall expire on August 31, 2019 and is eligible for reappointment on an annual basis. The successful appointee shall serve as the pleasure of the Bonham City Council.
As a Board of Trustee member, the successful candidate will represent the interests of the appointing entity and the Texoma Community Center to assure the mission, vision or goals of the agency in providing Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorder treatment and Intellectual Developmental Disability services throughout the Center’s service areas. Board of Trustee members act as non-paid public officials by serving as a policy-making board and providing limited oversite of financial decisions. Board of Trustee’s do not have operational oversight. Through collaborative work with the other eight appointed Board Members representing the cities of Bonham, Denison, Gainesville, Sherman and the Counties of Cooke, Fannin and Grayson, the Trustees work with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Center in implementing policies of the Board and ensuring the Center functions within applicable laws, regulations and state contractual requirements.
Interested Applicants must:
1. Live within the appointing entities legal boundaries.
2. Complete an on-line application.
3. Qualify under Texas law as outlined in the Texas Health and Safety Code, Section 534, Local Government Code 171 and the Texas Administrative Codes 411 and 412, which include strict clauses on conflicts of interest.
4. Can attend monthly meeting (1 – 2 hrs.).
5. Be aware the position is non-paid and may not engage in business with the Center or have other financial or personal conflicts as outlined in law.
6. Be held to qualifications and requirements as outlined in the Texas Health and Safety Code, Section 534.0065, the Texas Administrative Code, Local Government Code 171 and Texas Administrative Codes 411 and 412.
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen