Join a team of dedicated service providers who seek to promote the accessibility of services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental and developmental disorders. Located in Sherman TX, Texoma Community Center (TCC) is one of 39 Texas Community Centers, which are governmental entities as defined by Title 7 of the Texas Health and Safety Code.
• Provides psychiatric services to a diverse patient population within TCC’s clinics.
• Provide direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions
• Champions primary care behavioral health, a model of integrated care that focuses on the full spectrum of patient health through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
• Provides direct consultation with primary care providers via in-person rounding and eConsults through electronic medical record
• Provides clinical supervision of mid-level psychiatric prescribers as appropriate
• Partners with and makes referrals to the client’s case manager as part of team-based care to treat the whole person and address social-economic patient needs
• Develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
• Engage the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals
• Provide a minimum of 30 patient contact hours per week
• Acts as the Agency’s Medical Director
• Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
• Develop and lead staff education in psychiatric issues
• Participate in relevant and ongoing professional training
• Works within TCC’s formulary model
• This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
• Completion of a psychiatry residency
• Experience working with jails to assess competency HIGHLY DESIRABLE
• Must have current, unrestricted Texas State Medical Licensure
• Board Certified in Psychiatry Skills
• Team-oriented; relates well with patients, families and multi-disciplinary clinical partners
• Practices evidence-based decision making and supports clinical quality improvement
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates empathy and sensitive listening/questioning abilities
• Exhibits time efficiency, flexibility and ability to manage in a high paced environment
TCC strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
Designated Paid Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) that begins accruing day one.
Extended Illness Leave
Payroll Direct Deposit
From crisis intervention to early childhood development assessments, Texoma Community Center in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson counties offers a wide array of mental health services for adults, adolescents, and children. Thank you for your interest in Texoma Community Center.
All potential applicants must pass reference and background checks and a drug screen