This position is responsible for unloading freight trucks and placing pallets in their designated areas using a Standup Forklift to unload throughout the distribution facility: fresh foods, frozen foods, dry goods, meat, and/or produce. Will also move pallets from bale to bale throughout the warehouse. We are asking that interested candidates possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and have a strong desire to be detail-oriented. Candidates must be team players who can work productively in a diverse environment and elevate the team functionality in a warehouse environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Perform pre-shift equipment check on equipment assigned. Report any defects to immediate supervisor.
* Unload using a Standup Forklift.
* Must have a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
* Be able to build pallets that are neat and organized to minimize the risk of damaging product, and also enable our drivers to unload efficiently.
* Properly handle all products in accordance with food safety and warehouse safety guidelines.
* Cleans assigned area at the end of her/his shift.
* Assumes other related duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES include the following:
* Ensuring distribution center is kept clean and organized.
* Adhering to safety, pallet jack, and forklift and food safety standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to handle the physical aspects of the job including frequent lifting, bending, pulling, etc.
* Ability to lift up to 100lbs.
* Standing for the majority of scheduled shift.
* Knowledge of electric pallet jacks and forklifts.
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good math skills
* Good time management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Loud and cold/freezerwarehouse environment.
* Work hours/Shifts: TBD by Manager and site location.
* Equipment used: Standup Forklift and Electric Pallet Jack
* Ability to work in a Cold/Freezerstorage environment.
* Temp-to-Hire Position
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION:
Schedule: 2:00pm-10:00pm, Monday-Friday with some Saturdays
* Pay Rate: $13.50 an hour
*Location is in Anaheim, CA
If you feel you meet the above qualifications we want to see your resume and talk to you!
Learn more about us by checking out our website: www.uchaininc.com