The Customs Brokerage Representative responsibilities include :
• Administrative tasks in the import operations department servicing the client and their suppliers, providing customer service as well as maintaining revenues from the client base and contracted vendors.
• File break/down, classifying data entry, photocopying, scanning and some assembling of entries.
• Auditing commercial documents, applying harmonized tariff schedule code for accurate duty assessment and to ensure all federal requirements are met.
• Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
• Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
• All other task as assigned by supervisor and or manager.
• A minimum of one year of customer service, general office, or data entry experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent certificate.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Accurate and rapid data entry.
• Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Proven organizational skills.
• 3-5 years of Customs Brokerage, Must have certification card.