There are several types of jobs that are perfect for teens and with the upcoming holiday retail season right around the corner, there are many teens that might be looking for seasonal work.
Whether it’s hiring for fast food restaurants, movie theaters, Christmas tree farms, holiday light festivals or ski resorts, teens’ winter schedules make them an excellent fit for seasonal work.
Here are some great questions for managers to ask when interviewing teens for seasonal employment.
- Why are you interested in this job?
- When are you available to work winter break or after school hours during the school year?
- When could you start?
- How flexible is your schedule?
- What days and hours are you available each day of the week?
- Are you willing to work weekends?
- Do you have any outside activities that might prevent you from working regularly?
- Do you have plans during school break?
- What are your long-term academic goals and current grades?
- Why are you qualified for this position?
- Do you have related work experience?
- Tell me about any other jobs you have held and what did you like best and least about them?
- What did you like best and least about your last job?
- If your friends, teachers or counselor described you, what would they say?
- Have you ever had any difficulties with a supervisor or teacher?
- Tell me why reliability and punctuality are important traits in successful employees.
- Why should we hire you?
- Do you have any personal or work references?
- Do you have any questions about the job?
Ninja Gig offers customizable online job applications, which makes it easy for employers to target teen demographics on social media channels and online, where teens will likely spend more time searching for seasonal jobs. Sign up now for your free trial and start getting your job applications in front of potential candidates today.