Businesses that rely on a seasonal workforce need to hire and onboard employees that best represent their business to the public and customers.
Companies should consider taking a look at operations and overhaul their staffing. Here are some great tips to incorporate this season before hiring seasonal employees.
- Write detailed job descriptions, so employees have clear expectations when applying.
- Hire only candidates that want seasonal work to avoid people quitting or leaving.
- Dedicate more time and resources to successfully onboarding and training new employees.
- Use an automated hiring process to help with higher-volume hiring and applicant screening.
- Hire not only for aptitude but also attitude.
- Give preference to candidates that can return year after year for seasonal work, as this limits the future onboarding process.
- Keep seasonal workers on the same HR platform as full-time, regular employees.
- High nationwide unemployment doesn’t make seasonal hiring easy.
- Consider paying a bonus if people finish the season.
Whether your business is looking to recruit permanent or seasonal workers, it’s vital that you keep up-to-date on the latest market conditions, especially post-COVID-19, and employ effective hiring strategies.
Take advantage of effective online recruiting techniques by using a robust online job posting application software, such as Ninja Gig. If you need help hiring new seasonal employees post-COVID-19, try our advanced applicant tracking system. Sign up today, try our free trial and experience our easy-to-use automated online job advertisements hiring software.