Operates all surveillance operates during a given shift to ensure that all rules and procedures are being followed and assets are safeguarded.
Description of Duties:
• Is vigilant in observing all areas of the casino and report all procedural infractions and criminal activity to the appropriate person/department
• Performs close watch duties as assigned
• Maintains familiarity with gaming law, regulations, procedures and company policies
• Recieves on the job training
• Enforces department procedures by observing and reporting any failure to comply with company policy
• Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of procedures and policies for all departments
• Maintains up to the minute, detailed, and accurate logs
• Diligently monitors all company assets as well as monitoring all employees for procedural violations
• All other duties assigned
• High school diploma or equivalency
• No prior experience is required, however, at least 2 years of surveillance experience is preferred
• Must be able to obtain the appropriate state occupational license
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work in a high stress level environment
• Good eye-to-hand coordination
• Knowledge of CCT equipment including video cameras, camera and printers
• Exceptional multitasking abilities
• Ability to write detailed and accurate reports
• Basic computer skills and knowledge
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Working knowledge of, and the ability to operate, various base station and handheld radios
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Due to confidentiality of position must sign, read and understand an agreement pertaining to consequences of not adhering to department internal controls and state regulations
• Must be able to work flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
Benefits: Cafeteria plan benefits after 6 months (health, dental, life, vision, AFLAC). 401K after one year.
bestbet is a drug free work place.
bestbet is the state’s top poker, simulcast and gaming operator with locations in Jacksonville, Orange Park, and St. Augustine. At bestbet, you'll be working for a great company that has been leading the way in gaming entertainment and spectacular service for over 85 years. We pride ourselves in recruiting the best people for our nationally recognized cardrooms, innovative simulcast wagering system, and award-winning dining.
bestbet Jacksonville, the largest poker room in Florida, features over 80 gaming tables of all limits, an expansive simulcast area, and an array of food-and beverage service that includes hand-made sushi. bestbet Jacksonville’s poker room is a top poker destination bringing in both amateur and professional players from around the world to play in our nationally recognized tournaments, cash games, and playing opportunities on our weekly live stream, bestbetLIVE. We also feature a popular deli-style eatery and tableside waitress service with full-service beer, wine, and liquor along with our own pizzeria and Starbucks coffee shop.
bestbet Orange Park has been rated as the top event entertainment destination and best sushi in Clay County for consecutive years. Our Orange Park location features two stories of gaming entertainment. The first floor offers simulcast wagering with over 40 TVs, private carrels, and a convenient deli for our patrons to enjoy. The second floor has our 40-table poker room which runs daily cash games and weekly tournaments all year long and includes upstairs dining with a sushi bar.
bestbet St. Augustine, our newest cardroom, features 49 gaming tables and a state-of-the-art sports bar. The 40,673-square foot facility is the only cardroom and sports bar in St. Augustine and runs poker games of all limits, weekly poker tournaments, great daily promotions, and has a popular sushi bar. The cardroom and sports bar has over 80 TVs along with a spacious simulcast area while the sports bar serves up all our patrons’ game day favorites and drinks.
We are currently looking for upbeat, hardworking, motivated individuals to join our team in at our Jacksonville, Orange Park, and St. Augustine locations. If you are looking for an opportunity with a company that has always been at the top of its industry fill out an application and send us your resume today.
• Passion for the entertainment industry & great guest service
• High Energy and Enthusiastic
• Desire to work in a positive / fun working environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays