Job Description for Bruno's Pizza:
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Bruno's Pizza: To serve delicious pizza to our community and exceed expectations in quality and service.
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs are followed and completed in a timely manner.
- Welcome all guests and provide responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Prepare and serve all food and products according to Bruno's Pizza's recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Follow cash handling and reconciliation procedures for opening and closing to control cash and other receipts according to restaurant policies.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of the facility, and sanitation and cleanliness by training employees and creating a productive working environment.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the shift and perform various financial activities.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe, investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service or accommodations.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor and report shortages.
- Purchase or requisition supplies and equipment as needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service.
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity and ensure that all positions are staffed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and workstations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Analyze operational problems, establish procedures to alleviate issues like theft and wastage.
- Be knowledgeable about restaurant policies regarding personnel, perform personnel actions such as hiring, providing employee orientation, and training.
- Oversee restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals and strive to develop staff in all areas of professional development.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and job safety.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and following the restaurant's preventive maintenance programs.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
- Collaborate with other personnel for menu planning, serving arrangements, and related tasks.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests' needs and support restaurant operations.
- Fill in for fellow employees when needed and ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Greet and seat guests, present menus and wine lists.
- Schedule the use of facilities or catering services and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
- Present bills and accept payments.
- Develop restaurant objectives, budgets, policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Control Labor % - Food Cost % - Expenses (Fixed and Variable)