Vatterott Properties is seeking an energetic and experienced Assistant Property Manager to join our growing team in the St. Louis County area.
We are seeking a career-minded professional who is self- motivated, enjoys challenges, who shares our commitment to customer service, and who is looking to grow within the company. Please submit your resume to apply for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Respond to leasing inquiries on available units. Answer questions as needed, and schedule showings.
- Meet prospective tenants to show available units.
- Keep detailed records of leads, appointments, showings, and applications in the company’s software system (RealPage/OneSite).
- Process Applications - screening applications for new move ins including rental verifications, income verification, and employment verification, etc.
- Prepare recommendations for approval or rejection of applicants, based on set Company standards, to
- Compliance Manager
- Prepare and Process Documents * New Tenants * Assist the Property Manager in the preparation of all lease documents and agreements along with all LIHTC documents that are required for a new move-in.
- Manage the communication process with the tenants to review the lease documents and to obtain all necessary signatures.
- Tenant Relations & Communication - Meet tenants for move-in walkthrough and to hand over keys.
- Follow up, process notices, and aid in the collection of past due rent.
- Oversee the eviction process in conjunction with the Property Manager and Attorney.
- Additional Responsibilities * Perform site inspections for managed properties. This might include verifying contractor has completed work, verifying whether a tenant is still occupying, or other general reason.
- Post notices, signage, lockboxes, etc. at properties.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Property management experience required
- Previous Leasing/Assistant Manager experience preferred
- LIHTC Section 42 knowledge preferred
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- RealPage/OneSite experience preferred
- MS Office Word/Excel experience required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Dependability and Punctuality
- A positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude
- Ability to thrive and exceed in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to exceed in a very competitive environment
Work Schedule: Will normally work a Monday-Friday schedule (8am-5pm office hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property).
Job Type: Full-time with Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Founded in 1919 by Charles Francis Vatterott Jr., CF. Vatterott enjoys a unique place in St. Louis homebuilding history. The company was one of the first to combine lot sales and construction to create subdivisions with a community environment. Charles Vatterott, himself a man with a large family, was dedicated to providing affordable homes of the best quality to the hard-pressed families of the Depression and later years.
Today, Greg Vatterott, son of the founder, carries on his father’s dedication and has led the company into the 21st century providing homes that cover the entire price spectrum and communities that offer attractive environments for family growth. Affordability, quality and trust are still the primary company goals, enhanced by the most-up-to-date styling and construction techniques. CF. Vatterott—now in its 10th decade and looking forward!
Our Promise To You
We promise fairness of price and superiority of product. We pledge that we will perform as we say we will and you will be treated at all times with respect and courtesy before, during and after construction. We are committed to giving you the time and attention you deserve to discuss your concerns. We promise to use all of our resources to build a home that will give you years of happiness and lasting value.
View all company job openings