Set-Up Technician - 1st Shift
Requires a broad knowledge of machining techniques and familiarity with computer numerically controlled machine tool operating procedures. Setups involve familiarity with and understanding of program formats involving combinations of operations such as profile and contour milling, boring, recessing, turning, drilling, threading, etc., to the capacity of the machine and control factor. Perform advanced setup operations, adjust and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations on a diversified line of work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring a high degree of skill. May set up machines for and instruct other operators. Check parts for conformance to specifications. Operators may run more than one unit simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Interpret and understand programs mills and lathes by: entering data (including zero and reference points), setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches, calculating requirements (basic math, geometry and trigonometry), and proving part programs.
· Prepares the first piece inspection in accordance with company policy and work with quality department for production approval.
· Makes minor &/or major adjustments to machinery to insure that it is operating accurately, safely and efficiently, while production stays within established quality parameters.
· Verifies tool changes, re-sharpening, etc.
· Follows drawings, engineering prints and instructions effectively.
· Supports continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and needs.
· Carryout functions of a machine operator when need arises; encompasses but does not limit the duties and responsibilities listed on the CNC Machine Operator job descripion.
· To monitor, carry out and abide by company policies.
· Minimum 2-3 years previous work experience as a Set-Up Technician
· Working knowledge of Fanuc controls
Candidate(s) should be a reliable and responsible individual, able to work independently and well with others. Must have excellent attendance record! Heavy lifting and standing is required.
Chapter 2, Inc. offers the following benefits to eligible, full-time, permanent employees:
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Holiday and Vacation Pay
· Paid Lunch
· Climate controlled facility
· Great work culture
Chapter 2, Inc. is a full-service manufacturer specializing in high precision machining and product component assembly as well as many other manufacturing processes such as fabricating, grinding, polishing, tool and die services (jigs, fixtures, molds, dies, machine tools, and automated machinery) and wet paint/spray applications.
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be:
· 2018 Wisconsin Family Business of the Year
· 2015 MMS TOP SHOP
· ISO 9001 and 13485 Certified
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please visit: https://www.chap2.com/careers/ and fill out an application under our Careers tab today!
Chapter 2 Incorporated first started in Lake Mills, Wisconsin in 1973 as a tool and die shop that specialized in the making of jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, & machine tools for companies within the manufacturing industry. In 1989 a new dimension was added to Chapter 2’s services in offering automation machine design and build services. Here the company specialized in building automated machines and equipment for companies in the manufacturing industry. Today, production machining stands as Chapter 2’s core competency. As a climate controlled facility and with our continuous investment in equipment and our quality processes Chapter 2 has become an industry leader in these services.
All Employees of Chapter 2, Inc strive to:
Supply high quality, competitively priced products and services to our customers and meet or surpass our customer’s expectations of satisfaction at all times
Show enough profit to keep us in the forefront of manufacturing facilities through continually improving the quality system and updating its processes, equipment, and training of personnel.
Maintain a friendly work environment which respects diversity, new ideas and hard work.