Full time Class A CDL Driver for transporting construction materials and/or equipment to various job sites.
Driver will primarily operate 5500 series truck and pull a gooseneck trailer. Additional equipment includes Concrete Truck
Must have a valid Class A CDL license in good standing (no OWI convictions within the past three years).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Operates truck in safe and professional manner in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver materials and equipment.
* Performs daily pre/post trip inspections.
* Checks fluid levels, tires, lights, and other controls for safe operation.
* Load and unload equipment or materials.
* Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
* Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman or Supervisor.
* Obey applicable laws.
* Must keep vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
* Other duties as may be assigned.
* Valid Class A CDL driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
* Operational knowledge and skills of trucks and related equipment (Bobcat, Forklift, Scissor Lift, etc.) to be operated.
* Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
* Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, etc.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive.
They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Other duties may be assigned as required.
Midwest Fence & Gate Co. launched their business in 1993 with just two employees. Rapidly earning a reputation for quality Telco fencing and gate systems solutions, the business grew to service a multitude of industries and homeowners in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota and Missouri. Now with 25-35 full time employees, many of whom have been with the company for more than a decade, Midwest Fence & Gate Co. continues to build on their reputation as the Midwest’s premier provider of fences, access controls, gate automation, gate operators, and residential fencing systems.