Pawnee County Memorial Hospital has a position available for a Radiology Technologist. This is a part-time or full-time position working 24-32 hours per week including a rotating call schedule. Our small-town atmosphere offers a professional environment in a critical access facility with a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Current ARRT Certification or registry eligible; State of Nebraska license
• Previous experience in CT and/or mammography is a plus
• Provide safe and appropriate care within the standards of practice
• Independent problem-solving skills and self-directed work experience
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under normal and/or emergency circumstances.
• Ability to take call on a rotating schedule and respond to hospital call within 25 minutes.
• Performs a variety of radiographer procedures and utilizing ionizing radiation for radiographer diagnosis.
• Performs accurate and safe operation of imaging equipment by following established safety procedures under order to protect the patient and staff from unnecessary radiation exposure.
• Assesses the patient’s condition accurately by determining patient’s ability to comply with the physical requirements of the examination to minimize patient or examination problems.
• Follows established radiation safety policies and procedures to protect patients and staff.
• Performs in a manner that ensures patient safety
• Provides competent, safe and effective Patient Care
• Other duties as assigned.
Pawnee County Memorial Hospital is a 11 bed Critical access hospital located in Southeast Nebraska. Pawnee County Hospital offers general medical and surgical services normally associated with a rural Critical Access Hospital. A full range of radiology and laboratory services are available. The hospital and attached rural health clinic are staffed by two physicians and three mid-level practitioners as well as ER physicians on weekends. Specialists from Lincoln, Omaha and Beatrice hold outpatient clinics on a regular basis.