Immediate openings available for Lifeguards!
The lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of all patrons, enforcing all rules and regulations, and responding to all emergency situations.
Description of Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Verify membership of all patrons entering the facility
• Enforce rules, regulations, and facility policies
• Actively scan the pool and perform patron surveillance
• Identify and maintain awareness of all weak and non-swimmers and all other high risk patrons
• Recognize and respond professionally to all emergencies and provide care as needed
• Perform assigned duties relating to the care and maintenance of the pool and facility
• Maintain records and reports as required
• Deal professionally, tactfully, and courteously with all patrons and coworkers
• Attend and actively participate in all required staff trainings, meetings, and in-services
• Report any incidents, accidents, or injuries
• Inspect the facility at opening and closing
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Must have basic computer knowledge
• Must have great customer service and communication skills
• Must be extremely reliable with reliable transportation
• Must be punctual, on time, friendly, and have a positive attitude
• Must maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Basic pool knowledge
• Basic facility maintenance knowledge
• Ability to understand and follow set procedures
Education and Certifications
• American Red Cross certifications in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and AED (we can provide certification classes)
• Texas Driver’s License required (or reliable transportation)
Thank you for your interest in employment with SafeGuard Aquatics. SGA is a team of aquatic professionals dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable recreational experience to the communities we serve. We are always looking to add new members to our team. SGA is an equal opportunity employer.
• We provide professional and comprehensive pool management services to home owner associations, municipalities, clubs, communities, resorts, and residential pools.
• We have many different opportunities for employment.
• SGA operates seasonally. As such, employment carry over from season to season is not guaranteed. SGA employees from past seasons must re-apply for employment each season.