Promotes and restores patients'/residents' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients/residents, friends, and families.
- Identifies patient/resident care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients/residents and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, residents, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's/resident's independence by establishing patient/resident care goals; teaching patients, residents, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient/resident care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards.
- Resolves patient/resident problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients/residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient/resident care services by charting in patient/resident and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient/resident confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
High school diploma or GED. Current LPN Licensure.
Prior experience as a LPN highly desired.
- EMR/EHR Experience
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus